Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Experimentation 1: The Sheet Metal Skin



This is my first experiment, seems to me its nothing but an awkward shape. Its harder than I thought it would be. I was trying to make a shape that can perfectly match with the top of the hair dryer and the handle as well, but due to my awful skill, its not even close a little bit. I cut out the hair dryer shape at the first place from a piece of sheet metal with thickness of 1.0mm. Then I hammering the edges around the maker lines and then the problem came. As the shape is a little bit tricky, when I hit the two sides of the edges, the other two parts automatically lifted up. Its really hard to control the aluminium adhere. 

After the first failure, I deiced to adopted another way to fit the hair dryer. I was trying to create an aluminium adhere from the head of the hair dryer. But after the experiment, I found its even impossible to bend the metal like that. 


Again, I change the way back. but with limited experiences and skills, I have problem of how to shrink down all the edges in order to cover the hair dryer. Same issue happened just like the first time I did,when I tried to shrink down, the shape even deform more.
At the end of the day, all the aluminimum skins were like some jokes that placing in front of me due to the limited experience and knowledge but I believe practice is a good step for reaching to  a higher standard.  



No comments:

Post a Comment